Perth (Conference) | 3 - 4 December 2018 View Full Program Here
Women in Leadership Summit Perth
Are you struggling to form a roadmap for your career? Wondering if it’s possible to make a positive difference at work? Unsure of how to become an influential leader? While we have made some progress with gender equity in the workplace, there’s still more work to be done.
The Annual Women in Leadership Summit returns to Perth for the 6th time to inspire and empower leaders across all industries. Learn and be inspired by Western Australia’s top leaders and take the next step in your career by engaging with coaches in focused interactive sessions.
In partnership with:
Post - Conference Workshop: Next Generation Leadership Excellence: Emotional Intelligence and a Growth Mindset
Position yourself and your organisation/team for success!
Leaders today require a new array of capabilities to be truly successful. With leadership and the workplace changing dramatically and organisations placing increased demands on their leaders, it is essential that today’s leaders evolve to a whole new level.
Leaders who continually learn and move forward, self-manage effectively, take appropriate risks and capitalize on setbacks, seek out new challenges and inspire and bring out the best in others will be in a much stronger position than their peers.
In this highly interactive one-day workshop, we take a holistic approach to addressing leadership to help future proof you and ensure your leadership and career success. The learnings will also help you do the same for others, contributing to their success and the overall success of your organisation.
Women, like men, should try to do the impossible. And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others. Amelia Earhart
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understand your personal emotional intelligence (EQ), identify areas for growth and gain strategies to develop it further. Understand the benefits of leading others with EQ, identify how using this new level of awareness you can lead others in their own development.
- Understand what “growth mindset” is. This progressive approach is fast becoming the culture and approach of universities and forward-thinking organisations worldwide. You will learn the difference between a growth and fixed mindset, understand the processes involved, identify your own triggers and limitations and create a plan for managing resistance in yourself and apply this approach when leading teams/organisations.
- Develop your authentic communication skills. Combine the above learnings to develop skills for evolving an authentic style of communication to negotiate key career conversations for yourself and with your team.
- Develop a coaching leadership style that will empower others and inspire them to bring their “A game” with them every day.
- Chart your path to progression by developing an individual career management action plan with real tools to manage your own career and help those in your team to develop their own.
- Gain positive skills to take control of your career to increase engagement and satisfaction at work for yourself and your team.